Re: $3 gallon gas (delete if you're offended by general automotive to

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $3 gallon gas (delete if you're offended by general automotive topics)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:32:34 +0000
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, at around 11:53:46 local time, Randall Young
<ryoung@navcomtech.com> wrote:
>> As for "lunatic" prices of USD2.50 or USD3.00 per US Gallon driving SUVs
>> off the road in the US, I invite you to check out the number of SUVs
>> there are on the road in UK at about twice the price per mile.
>
>Michael, while I'd love to check it out in person, that particular sortie
>doesn't appear in my crystal ball at the moment, so ... how many SUVs are
>there ?

Some days I'd say about four out of every five...   There are certainly
a hell of a lot of them.

>Are you saying that BMW's Mini "The SUV backlash starts now" campaign is off
>the mark ? :-^

Personally, I reckon that the Bavarians have completely missed the point
with the Mini.   It isn't supposed to be luxurious; it is supposed to be
*fun*.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671