Re: Fred's driving

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h17JS9hu017020
Subject: Re: Fred's driving
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:24:59 -0500
Message text written by Michael Hargreave Mawson
>Of course, you have to bear in mind that many of our roads follow routes
that are well over 2000 years old.   The main A5 trunk road from London
to North Wales, for example, was built by the Romans ("What have the
Romans ever done for us?").   The road on which I live has followed the
same route for at least 3500 years...
<

I've been on that road.  Going to Llonglen (or however it's spelled).  Had
a nice chicken pie with mint peas there.

I seem to recall a phrase from my youth that describes some of the more
twisty roads: "paved cow path."  But, these are the roads that our LBC's
are the most fun on.  (If it weren't for the traffic that impedes our
progress).

Dave