Re: '59 austin Bug Eye (Frog Eye), need advice ASAP

To: "Bill Miller" <millerb@ivwnet.com>, <Gbouff1@aol.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '59 austin Bug Eye (Frog Eye), need advice ASAP
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:01:45 -0600
> Original smoothcase
> transmissions get often upgraded to the later ribcase ones.

Yes.

> Again, it is
> simply a matter of preference.  The ribcase are better

Yes.

> and offer a synchro'd first.

I don't think so.  The only original Midget gearbox with synchro first is
the Spitfire gearbox hooked to the Spitfire 1500 in the Spitfidget cars.
This gearbox is not compatible with the 948, 1100 and 1275cc engines as far
as I know.

If there is some outfit custom-making synchro-first gearboxes for Spridgets,
I am not aware of it and am open to education.  There are outfits offering
setups for Datsun 5-speeds, I think.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com