'59 austin Bug Eye (Frog Eye), need advice ASAP

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '59 austin Bug Eye (Frog Eye), need advice ASAP
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:30:27 EST
I will be looking at a '59 sprite bug eye this weekend.  It's rough according
to the owner and has been stored outside under a tarp for the past 3 years.
Engine was rebuilt 6? years ago and 3 years ago it was in an accident that
damaged the nose to make the car undriveable.  He has a spare nose with good
sections to make one good one out of the two.  He also said that the floors
had holes, but the body is straight and not sagging.

My question to anyone with bug eye (frog eye)experience.  What should I be
looking at?

I'm pretty good with a welder, dolly and hammer.  (My TR3A restoration made
sure of that) and I do a fair job on the mechanical end.

Are there parts that are difficult or impossible to find that I should makes
sure are on the car?

I don't know if it is the stock engine.  Are some engines better than others?

And anything else that you think I should examine.

Thanks for any help.

Gary Bouffard
Looking at a TR3 cousin