Re: 3 years now, should I change the oil?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "David Yip" <puppy_friend@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 3 years now, should I change the oil?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:39:25 -0700
David,

You've already tempted fate about 2 3/4 years ago and 17,000 or so miles by
NOT changing the oil.  By all means change it immediately..your car may run
even better.  At the least it'll run longer.

Unless you're running a full synthetic oil you should change it every 3,000
miles or every 3 months whichever comes first.  With a full synthetic you
can stretch that out some.  I'm sure others here on the list have their own
preferences and theories on how many miles/months to go between oil changes
but you sure won't go wrong doing 3000/3.  It's cost effective in the long
run.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)