TR3 Rear Shock Mounts

To: bbrewer@starband.net;, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Rear Shock Mounts
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:12:56 -0400
Hi Bill,
You could weld washers to the back of the mounting plates.
Regards,
Jim
PS I found some stainless steel socket-head bolts that fit there; I think
they're 3/8 x 24 x 1 1/2". Makes it possible to remove them later. Now
whether SS is acceptable is debatable, but, the concept works.
From: "Bill Brewer"
Where my lever shocks on my TR3 mount to the frame, the holes are
elongated....I have been thinking of welding in heavier metal and drilling
new holes. I have various schemes for welding in the holes....
TIA
Bill Brewer