Memories to treasure was Re: Buying a TR6 - or a Herald

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Memories to treasure was Re: Buying a TR6 - or a Herald
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:22:36 +0100
Hi Michael
I once played leapfrog (he passed me I passed him etc mainly due to traffic
conditions not spite) from junction 4? (below Brum) on the M42 all the way
to the interchange of the M3 M27 with a Porsche 911, I was driving my
Toledo. When we parted ways the 911 driver gave a wave, which I returned
feeling kinda stunned. It appears he had enjoyed the drive as much as I.
Don't get me wrong, I know he could have wee'd all over me if he wanted but
he seemed content to just play. Funny thing is the drive was not really any
different, living on an Island, when we are going home it is always a rush
for a boat, but that day the company really helped the journey. I don't
suppose the 911 driver comited it to memory like I did, but you never know!

Another good one was the Honda CBR 600 F that I beat off the line in our
Sprint, surprised the life out of him, until about 30 mph when he passed me
like I had hit the brakes!!

> 95 in a Herald?   I'll bet you got a lot of peculiar looks from the
> drivers of those Porsches you passed.   (I certainly got one from the
> driver of an MGF when I shot past him in my Spitfire on the M1 this
> afternoon!   Memories to treasure...)
> ATB
>
> --
> Mike