Engine woes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine woes
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 18:16:15 -0400
Today when I started up my four cylinder wet-liner Standard Motor Company
engine (Ferguson TEA20), to my great dismay the oil pressure read 10 lbs
cold. Up till yesterday it was 80 lbs cold, 30 lbs hot, every time I used it.
So I only ran it far enough to pull into the garage and I guess I have some
work ahead of me, but the question is: where to start?
It drips a bit of oil but nothing drastic, and oil is right up to full and
has been since I've had it. The oil pressure gauge line isn't leaking.
Doesn't seem like the oil pump has busted since it does have a bit of pressure.
Ideas? I guess what I'm looking for is something simple that I haven't
thought of (please let it be that!)
Thanks,
Jim