tr3 glass

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3 glass
From: Artmol3798@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:02:05 EST
A few items on the tr3 glass.

The rubber seal on the frame bottom slides in with effort. Lubricate with
Armour All, dish soap  or silicone spray and keep pulling and stretching.
There is a top and a bottom so check the way it will press against the body
when installed.

When putting the glass in the frame be sure all studs are removed.  The
gasket from Moss was way to tight for me to get in around the frame.  I laid
a bead of black silicone tub seal in the frame and fit it all  together
letting the excess ooz out before it set up.  I then removed the excess that
had squeezed out with a razor blade.  It looks neat and is a snug fit.  I
also waxed the glass before all this to aid in any future removal.

When assembeling the frame be aware that all the frame screws are not the
same length and if you put a long  one in a hole for a short one it can brake
the glass when you tighten it up.

I had a bad experience with a glass shop also.  They just do not see these
things enough to be good at it.

Enjoy  !!!

Art Molitor            Atlanta