RE: TR3A Windshield

To: "'Terry Palmer'" <TPalmer@kscable.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3A Windshield
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:49:28 -0500
I must pass along my windshield story.

When I was refurbishing my '58 in 96 I ordered a replacement glass and the
appropriate strips, etc from TRF.  After fighting with it for about a week I
had completely messed up the sealing strip.  I took the frame and glass to
one of the most reputable glass shops in the area and asked them to "do it".
Cost estimate $25 including the sealing rubber.  We laid everything out on
the table just as it was to put together.

Fast forward 4 days when it was supposed to be ready.  I go into the shop
and was told there is a problem.   When they were installing the glass it
cracked/chipped at the top edge as they pressed it against the studs at the
top.    I had agreed they wouldn't be liable if any problems but when I
looked at it I realized that they had put the glass in backwards.  Yes..
BACKWARDS...  bending the frame as they did it.   Watch out ceiling, here I
go....   Ended up they replaced the glass and paid to have another frame
rechromed.   They didn't even  charge me the $25.

Moral...  If you don't do it yourself, make sure they understand the
process.....