Re: TR 4 radiator overflow bottle

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR 4 radiator overflow bottle
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:59:18 -0800
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Another reason for installing an overflow bottle on a TR3:  A check of the
coolant level can be made without unscrewing the radiator cap.  Unless one
is diligent in supporting the bottom of that long neck when putting pressure
on the cap to remove it, there will eventually be stress fractures where it
meets the tank that will cause pin hole leaks , and of course, removing the
radiator to fix them means removing the front cowl, and if some DPO has
leaded in the body seams, removing the seams means a paint job, and while
you're at it....  Well at least that's what I told my wife.

Bob