Anti-seize on lug posts? (no LBC content)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, icesailr@mail.netacc.net
Subject: Anti-seize on lug posts? (no LBC content)
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:55:22 EDT
Rick,
Martin's point doesn't seem to me to be a poke or a flame at your good info -
simply added clarification - and one I appreciate as I was following this
'lug bolt/ant-seize' topic myself - Martin's point seemed to me to be
nuetral, helpfull and not hostile to anyone.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

From: icesailr@mail.netacc.net
I have posted no more than 10 postings here in the, approximately, eight
months I have subscribed. I am also a member on other automobile related
forums as well. It has no less than astounded me to witness the degree some
people will go to, when presented with data, trying to make the subject
their life's mission and apply inordinate amounts of attitude in the
process. It took no more than 27 minutes from posting my original message
to receive the following in my e-mail basket, which is going into my round
basket directly after posting this message.

<And what holds in a lug nut is bolt torque -- the stretching of the stud --
not thread stickiness.
- --
Martin Secrest
72 TR6
73 GT6>
Perhaps one of you would not mind taking the time to explain to Martin why
and where the two posts differ. I don't care to.
Having received this unsolicited response I shall try to slip back into my
own space and attempt to not post here again as I surely do not need this
sort of exchange.
Sliding .sliding.....    *poof*
Rick
1966 TR4A IRS