Re: Spitfire Head Gasket

To: justin@bexel.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Head Gasket
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:11:25 EST
In a message dated 3/5/01 12:24:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, justin@Bexel.com
writes:

> I have water spiting out the exhaust of
> my 76 Spitfire, and am told it's more than likely the head gasket.  Don't

JP,

When the head gasket blew on my Taurus, "water" came out of the tailpipe like
I was driving a Stanley Steamer.  If you've got coolant in your oil then you
have even more trouble....check the oil - see if the oil level is over the
dipstick full mark and if the oil has a frothy/foamy muddy appearance - signs
of water-in-oil.  If the oil looks OK, you've probably blown a head gasket
which isn't difficult to replace on a Spit.

Good luck,

Chip