Re: RotoFlex Suspension

To: Chip19474@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RotoFlex Suspension
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:41:02 EST
In a message dated 11/28/2000 8:10:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Chip19474@aol.com writes:

> I have a few books that address Spitfire & GT6 history but thought I'd ask
>  the forum that question....."Why did Triumph use rotoflex in lieu of
perhaps
>  a sway bar/swing axle Spit suspension or even an IRS setup?"

I'm only guessing here, but one likely possibility is that Triumph was
already utilizing the Roto'flex coupling on the front axle of the FWD Triumph
1300 introduced around 1965. As much as anything/everything else Triumph did,
it might have been little more than a case of rummaging around the spares
bins to see what could be adapted to the GT6 rear suspension?

--Andy
Andrew Mace (25% French, 25% English, 50% German heritage -- I've been
fighting with myself for my whole life! :-) )