TR7 BFH#24-e

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH#24-e
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 13:12:53 EST
Found the bottom taps I needed in Durham, and put the rest of the Keenserts
in this morning.  Used four Keenserts and 3 heliocoils and was able to stay
with the original diameter 3/8" bolts which all can now be easily torqued to
34 foot pounds.

So, I'm back to where I started last Saturday morning.  One of the four bolts
holding the fan belt to the timing chain cover is also stripped, so I'll
"keensert" that one tomorrow, and then try to make headway getting new clutch
and old transmission re-connected to the engine this weekend prior to the
Great Engine Back Into The Car show which hopefully will happen soon.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7
Chapel Hill, NC