Painting TR6 rear valance

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting TR6 rear valance
From: "Eric Conrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:35:30 -0700
I am wanting to choose a "correct" gloss-factor for the black paint I need
to use on the rear valance of my TR6.  I'm still painting it the body color
for now, so timing for this question will become more imperative as each day
passes.  I've checked the VTR site for information on type of paint to
choose, but am finding a bit of a problem in finding "semi-flat" black
paint.  At this point, the paint supplier I've been using is saying that
black paint typically comes in either gloss or flat, but not semi.  My guess
is that I'm not grasping something.  Does anyone have a paint code for the
paint I need?

Also, I'm assuming that the bottom of the rocker panels will also be painted
with the same color - assuming that I'm not using any undercoating-like
material on the car.  Also, I'm wanting to paint the inner wheel wells black
as well.  Would this same black paint be used here as well?

Thanks,
Eric Conrad
76 TR6 - Frame-off, body bead blasted, etch-primered.  Also, the bottom of
the body and inner wheel wells are primered, sealed and painted Pimento Red.
Next up is the engine compartment.