Re: Valve Clearances

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@home.com>, "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve Clearances
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 09:43:58 -0600

I have a Crane cam in my TR-6 which I set to 0.28 and 0.30 HOT per their
instructions. It is noisy. It produces useful torque well past 6000 RPM (my
red plastic fan shattered at 7000 RPM at the dragstrip but the engine was
unfazed). I am planning to experiment with tighter clearances just to see
if there is a reasonable noise trade off but first I plan to refurbish my
valve train (shaft & rockers) so that everything is tight.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com