Re: TR250s and TR4s

To: "david_schenck" <david_schenck@email.msn.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR250s and TR4s
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:08:37 -0500
From: david_schenck <david_schenck@email.msn.com>

>What would one expect to pay for a nearly complete TR250 or TR4 in
>restorable condition?

You really need to be more specific.  I consider my TR4 to be in "restorable
condition".  I paid 7700 US dollars for mine.  No rust.  Virtually
everything works.

To have a perfect car, you are best off to buy a perfect car.

Next best is to buy one like mine.  I can use it the way it is, or go for
that primo restoration.

If you buy a car in lesser condition, you will wind up spending much more to
build a perfect car.

So, what are you calling "restorable condition"?

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.