RE: Testing coil w/ digital meter - almost no LBC

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Testing coil w/ digital meter - almost no LBC
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 19:21:42 -0700
Cliff :

It's very easy to have 0.5 ohms (or more) contact and lead resistance with
standard probes.  Try taking a measurement with both probes on the same lead,
then difference that with the reading across the coil.  The result is still
only going to be good to a few tenths, but it should be better than what you
are doing now.

To really get an accurate reading, you need a 4-lead meter, or a calibrated
current source.

Randall