South African Triumph adventures

To: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Subject: South African Triumph adventures
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 23:17:18 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Chris De Wet
>The TR 3 was used last weekend as a bride's car for the wedding of one of
my
friends in a small town approx. 300 Km away from my farm . Great fun :-) On
our way to the wedding the indicators , brake lights and fuel gauge stopped
working ( something which I will look into over the next couple of days ) .
I had to remove the passenger seat so that the bride ( and later groom as
well ) could sit on the occasional rear seat . Soft top in trunk / boot and
sidescreens at home ( haven't been completely restored ) during winter .
Needless to say , the bride turned blue in the face from the cold , the
groom held onto his hair and I truly enjoyed myself . The TR was a hit with
everyone . :-)
Oh , received a few comments on the nice MG :-(
Kind regards .

Chris de Wet
<

I was in the middle of rebuilding my MG when I got married.  I wanted to
use it for the wedding but missed the deadline.  :-(  Got married anyway.
:-(  (just kidding!)

The electrical problem sounds like a fuse or a connector as they all
operate off of the same circuit (switched, fused)  Check the fuses before
you do anything else.  Check the easy stuff first, I always say (say but
not do ;-)  ).

Good luck and glad you had a good time.

Dave