Re: need tr6 wiring help (emissions)

To: Crazeecooter@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: need tr6 wiring help (emissions)
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:09:05 -0700
At 05:12 PM 06/20/2000 -0400, Jonathan wrote:

>I have been having emission problems with my TR6 so I decided to replace my
>emissions canister (1974 TR6)...and noticed that there are two wires hanging
>about down there that are not connected.  One is black (ground?) and the
>other is brown with a yellow stripe.  These wires are stemming from the same
>section of the harness that also has a white wire with grey? stripe and
>purple and ? stripe colored wires that are going to the deal right under the
>emissions canister.

Under the canister is the A.R. valve, the function and operation of which
Dave M. so well described.

On my 74.5 TR6, CF27188 (Aug. 74) my wires look like this:
Two wires go to the A.R. valve-- red with brown stripe; and white with grey
stripe.

These wires break out of a sub-harness.  About 10 inches back, two more
wires break out.  One is black; the other is brown with yellow stripe.
These are connected to the horn.

It looks to me like your A.R. valve is hooked up properly.  The two mystery
wires hanging there must be the horn wires.  Maybe a PO took out the horn
module?

Glenn
San Diego