76 TR6 Anti Run On Valve

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 76 TR6 Anti Run On Valve
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:49:35 -0400
Hi gang...

The small hose connector of the Anti-Run-On valve which connects that valve
to (what I believe to be) the inlet manifold has broken off (from the
ARV).  Consequently the hose is dangling and 'sucking air'.  If I put my
finger over the end of the hose (where it should connect to the ARV), the
engine idles smoother.  Here is my question:  is the Anti-Run-On valve
really needed (other than to satisfy Uncle Sam during the 70's emissions
insanity) or can I just cap the hose off? This would leave the opening to
the ARV (still in place) open.  Any dangers to leaving things as they
are?  Or should I replace the ARV?

BTW, I am heading off on a lighthouse tour with the Detroit Triumph Sports
Car Club tomorrow.  We're heading to the eastern coast of Northern Lower
Michigan.  Should be a blast.  About 22 cars are making the trip for a long
weekend.

Best regards,
Blake Discher

-----
Bored?  Check out www.blakedischer.com/poker or www.blakedischer.com/hangman
Portfolio:  www.blakedischer.com
Telephone:  313/259-4460, Cell:  248/390-8181

"I see no advantage to the graphical user interface."    --Bill Gates,
1984, magazine interview
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."  --Bill Gates, 1981, TFT Network mailing
-----