Re: Brake binding problem

To: Roger Colson <sassamon@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Brake binding problem
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:57:40 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Roger,

I would venture to guess that your master cylinder is not adjusted correctly, or
your "restrictor valve" is mal-functioning. You should only have only a slight
drip when a bleed screw is loosened until the restrictor valve spring releases
its pressure and fluid. Your rotors should spin with ease while the tire is
attached only a slight pad rubbing. The restricter valve keeps some pressure on
the pads so you dont have to pump up to get the pads in initial contact with the
rotor. I see the restrictor valve is N/A at moss and trf but you may find one at
one of the places that sells used stuff. I have never taken one apart but it
looks like it can be dis-assembled.

Check them out.

Bob Labuz
1958 TR3A