RE: High RPM miss

To: kkrice@earthlink.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: High RPM miss
From: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 09:56:12 -0400
The first thing to check on a high speed intermittant miss is the 12V
electric wire to the distributer.  The wire can break off inside the
insulation and still connect at idle.  Then at higher speed, it moves
some with wind and vibration and separates.  If you have a voltmeter or
continuity tester, see if it still connects when you tug on it.

This wouldn't explain your other problem, but it might fix the first
quite easily.

Alan

--
Alan T. Crane