Bad carpet kit for TR6?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bad carpet kit for TR6?
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 09:54:42 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I made the mistake of purchasing a carpet kit for my TR6 from Auto Custom
Carpet Kits (www.accmats.com) and not the usual guys. The price was
attractive $197 and the quality seems good with thick padding and all, but
the pieces don't quite fit. If those of you with experience could look at
the pics at my website and let me know if:

1. Is the tranny tunnel piece too short? It does not reach down far enough
no matter which direction I make it face, it is supposed to be held down by
the radio tower right? My TR6 had no carpeting when I got it so I can't
compare. http://www.driveableclassics.com/images/Carpets/mvc-121s.jpg

2. Can't find these pieces in the kit
http://www.driveableclassics.com/images/Carpets/mvc-122s.jpg, and I was told
by ACC that they bought out the only company in the US that made these kits
so they don't know a lot about it, other that they send containers of it to
Europe. There is no diagram of how to lay it out, I've already glued the
side pieces in.

3. Not sure where this piece goes
http://www.driveableclassics.com/images/Carpets/mvc-123s.jpg I spent most of
Saturday with this crossword puzzle. Do the "other" TR6 kits come with
diagrams of how to lay it out? Maybe someone can fax me or email me a scan
or picture?

Thanks,

Jack Levy

74 TR6