Oil Gauge tubing.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Gauge tubing.
From: VK0216@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 21:51:23 EDT
My oil pressure gauge on the dashboard is working fine.  However, I have an
oil leak at the point at which the tube enters the engine.  I took some
advice last week and disconnected the adaptor and the nut closest to the
engine.  I cleaned all parts and used a little permanex gasket sealer around
the male connector of the tube.  I tightened the adapter as well as the nut
closest to the engine.

It is still leaking.  If I were to buy the hose kit from moss which includes
the adaptors,what kind of difficulty will I be seeing connecting it to my
dashboard oil pressure gauge.  I have big clumsy hands and there sure is a
lot of paraphenalia within that dashboard.  What is the easiest way to get to
the oil pressure gauge?  I realize I will have to remove the dashboard side
speaker panels.  Will removing the center console (where the stick shift
comes out of) be necessary and will it benefit me in getting to the oil
pressure gauge.  Does the tubing enter the oil pressure gauge by some sort of
screw on device and how tight should it be?  Thank you Virgil  75 TR6