CB radio recommendations

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: CB radio recommendations
From: Claudia Lied <cglied@whro.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 09:40:25 -0400
Pete, our club, the Tidewater Triumph Register, in Virginia, has recently
begun using FRS(Family Radio Service) walkie talkies.  These are small, fit
in your pocket, 14 channel radios that can be purchased for about $40 and
have a 2 mile range.  They work great on drives, and be carried with you
while you walk around the show/flea market to keep in touch with other club
members.  There are several manufacturers, and you can spend much more than
$40 per radio, but we have had no problems wit the inexpensive models.
Also, no license required,  and virtually no other radio traffic like on
the CB.

Gary Lied
80 Spitfire
74 TR6