Re: cross-pond info flow

To: dterrick@home.com, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk (jonmac), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cross-pond info flow
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:47:58 EDT
In a message dated 04/04/00 16:07:25 GMT Daylight Time, dterrick@home.com
writes:

<< Subj:     cross-pond info flow
 Date:  04/04/00 16:07:25 GMT Daylight Time
 From:  dterrick@home.com (Dave Terrick)
 To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk

 To you two:

 Please go to neutral corners and.....  seriously.......

 John,

 I appreciate your position.  You have a most difficult job in the present
 time with all this stuff going on.  Any help you can get in keeping the
 flames down is likely to benefit us all.  Wot would the "jerries" thing
 about us not being able to keep our own troops in rank?

 Leon:

 I have very much appreciated reading stories of what is going on.  Many, it
 seems, are copies of print media commonly available.  Thank you for keeping
 us "informed".

 To both:

 Please work "together" on this one.  I was surprised, for example, to learn
 that TR is #3 - bad right?  Not if there are 12 represented in BMHIT - a
 fact I was not aware of, and I think that was one of jonmac's points.  We,
 across the pond, rely largely on our few "identified" UK listers to keep us
 in touch.  I'm sure many others appreciate the updates, but realise that
 they likely view them more like I do than either of you.  (and, before you
 give me mine,  I know that you have the same problem with "our" vendor
 bashing - and I don't like this either, but at least I understand the
 situation, being much closer to the USA than you are!).

 Both of you are among the few reasons that I continue to subscribe to the
 lists.  Please play nice;  I cannot help but think that if you co-ordinated
 your efforts on this front that we would ALL benefit immensely.

  BTW,  what I fear I understand from this situation is a massive labour
 unrest developing in the UK.  ISTR that the "strikes" of the early 70's were
 among the reasons that TR  ultimately died - QC problems leading to poor
 brand acceptance and thus poor sales.  I am seeing this again.  Sadly,  if
 reports of dead cats in rover upholstery are true,  I don't car  WHO owns
 the damn company, image and sales will suffer!

 Respectfully to all
 Dave T

Dave, I don't have any  problem with John, at all, he is a real gent, and
perfectly as entiltled to his own opinion as is anyone else.
I always enjoy reading his posts and find his comments both informative and
usually entertaining.
My mails about the Rover group are posted without any predjudice whatsoever.
they are merely straightforward copies of news reports from AOL UK.
I appreciate that many Triumph listers may not have the time to look and see
what is happening over here, and have asked me to continue forwarding them.
What I have posted does not constitute my personal opinions in any way,
(unless I have said so), but I am also entitled to them...
There is room enough on this list for all of us. Am I wrong?

Regards to all

Léon