Re: studs

To: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: studs
From: "James A. Ruffner" <jaruffn@ngic.osis.gov>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:25:16 -0500
Cc: Keith McGahan <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>, TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Just a note:

On the '6 the rear studs are what is called "reeded," that is, there are very
small spline-like cuts that run parallel to the axis of the stud.  However,
they are also beveled or chamfered, like the head of a wood screw, so if you
need to replace them, using the original hub flange, you might need to have a
machine shop inset into the hub flange, so the flat, nailhead-like top of the
new stud will will have a flat surface, versus the countersunk hole that is now
there.  This is probably the reason it was so difficult for the shop to do the
swap.

Cheers