Paint, Upholstery

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint, Upholstery
From: bstinocher@unipres.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:17:55 -0600

Got some questions:

On painting, which paint "covers" little dings and imperfections the best? I
have heard to stay away from red unless the body is perfect. I am looking at a
Mustang Yellow, or a silver (like the Civics have now, almost a platinum), or
the French Blue (I think) on the latest Moss TR250/TR6 catalog (my wife really
likes that color). Mine will be a daily driver, and while I will try to get it
as good as possible, I am also a realist. Any comments?

Also, I have recovered my radio/gearshift console with foam packing, which
worked well, if I do say so myself. I got the recover "kit" from Rimmer, which
is just a vinyl cover for the console. My question: there are three holes
underneath the area that the radio is supposed to go. I don't remember there
being anything there before, but before I go to cutting anything, I just wanted
to make sure that these were just  "weight reduction" holes. Do they serve a
purpose? Cig lighter, etc?

Thanks.