Re: YOUR CARS

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: YOUR CARS
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:29:25 EST
I'll bet this is going to be the shortest list for anyone who's been
driving for over 30 years - what can I say - I tend to get emotionally
attached and keep them for a long time. Okay here goes:

68 Plymouth Valiant - 273 cu.in. V8 - got me thru college, then I
                              sold it and bought:
74 TR6 - 1st Triumph - the one that got me hooked - but 1st wife hated
                            it, so traded it in for :
79 Pontiac Trans Am - eventually traded in for :
85 Volvo 740 turbo - best (build quality) car ever owned, kept it for
                            12 years and 240K miles, then traded for:
97 Subaru Legacy GT

That covers daily drivers, along the way also picked up:
73 TR6 - bought in early 80s because I missed my first one
              currently restoring it
78 Pontiac TransAm - bought in late 80s because I missed
              my first one - didn't keep it long - fun to drive but
              but not as fun to work on
83 El Camino - inherited from my Dad who bought it new
             now have 58K miles - all original
69 GT6+ - bought this one a couple years ago - I actually
            knew the original owner and drove the car once
            about 14 yrs ago - sad shape now - will be next project
another 69 GT6+ - picked up as possible body shell donor for
            above - have since found better body shell - may
            eventually restore both - nah..another project will
            find me first, I'm sure

Cheers
Jack Mc