Re: YOUR CARS

To: " Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "British cars list" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: YOUR CARS
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 00 20:38:54 -0800
>> Okay, I'll bite.  In order of appearance, they were/are:
>
>Hmm, the original of this email seems to have been misplaced by my ISP's
>server. But, my list, from beginning to end, with annotations, is:

I think it is one of those threads started on a different list then
someone decided to bomb every list he is a member of.

But it looks like fun:

1955 Ford four door (Gift from Dad when I turned 18)  Ultimatly the
brakes in this car failed while descending a steep windy road.  I pulled
my best James Dean imitation by bailing out the door just before the car
went over a cliff around 1968.

1956 Ford two door  It suprised many a Chevy owner comming off stop
lights.

1963 red VW bug purchased around 1971

1962 VW van (shared ownership for about a year)

1966 Corvair turbo Corsa.  It went like stink and turned corners on a
rail  I would probably still have it but it was #3 in a 5 car pile up and
I was a poor student in 1973

1961 VW baja bug

1964 Dodge van (The bug died expensivly and I was moving to Seattle.  It
seemed the practical car to move in)

1976 Toyota Cilica My first & last new car.  Real poor fuel milage,
compared to the VW bugs it cornered like a wallowing boat.  I sold it
after about six months.  Lost lots of money on that one.

1969 Land Rover 88 named Red Rover after her colour and the children's
game.  I LIKED this car MUCH better than the Toyota!  The fuel milage was
close.

1960 Land Rover 109 named The Green Rover because of it's colour and
because the other one was the red rover.  I had recently picked up a pair
of dairy goats and quickly learned that an 88 only held 2 bales of hay.
The 109 holds 7 bales with the top on and 11 bales with the top off.  I
purchased this car worn out in 1978, got it running then sold the 88.  I
still own this car today.

1973 Saab This car was to be the commute car while the Land Rover was the
farm car.  This was my first "second car".  I had nothing but problems
with the Bosh electrical system and none of numerous "factory trained"
Bosh fuel injection mechanics could cure the fuel injetion hiccup.

1961 Triumph TR3A was purchased in 1986 because I finally realized that
life was too short not to drive a roadster.  I sold the Saab. At the end
of 1989 I took the car off the road for a little sprucing up.

1968 MGBGT  The Sprucing up became a complete rebuild outside on a patch
of dirt under a big old oak tree.  I was commuting over 40 miles each way
and wanted a more economical commute ace than the Land Rover.  I finally
sold the BGT because I thought it & the TR3 were arguing too much and I
was van pooling.

SO for the last 5 or 6 years all I have had are the 1960 Land Rover 109
and the 1961 Triumph TR3A, my new car.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman
http://www.overlander.net

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937