Driveshaft phasing..

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, mark.evans@anheuse-busch.com
Subject: Driveshaft phasing..
From: "James A. Ruffner" <jaruffn@ngic.osis.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:01:36 -0500
This is very simple:  the axis of the trans output (part bolted with the
very large, center nut to the splined trans-mainshaft) spider (universal
joint x-piece) is to be at 90 degrees to the axis of the differential
driving connection (part splined and bolted with the very large nut onto
the diffferential pinion shaft)   Been a long time since I've had a TR-3
shaft apart, but I believe it is splined in the middle in such a way,
that the two halves can only be assembled in correct register.  If not,
look on the two halves, where they connect, and you will see two arrows
pointing towards the center.  These should be pointing at each other.
The ends which connect to the trans and differential have their four
mounting/connecting bolt holes in a rectangle, not as square, so they
can't be incorrectly bolted to the either the trans or the diff.

Cheers..