TR-3 Floor Panels/Eastwood Spot Welders

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3 Floor Panels/Eastwood Spot Welders
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:53:15 -0800
     Many thanks for the listers that sent responses to my inquiry of how to
weld replacement floor panels into my TR-3A, including, but not limited to,
Gary Bouffard, Art McEwen, T. R. Householder and others.
     I do have a question: Has anyone had any experience with the spot
welder attachment for an arc welder offered by Eastwood? I have heard some
bad reviews of the "stitch welder" attachment and wondered how the spot
welder fares. It is made in England, so it probably leaks fluif.
     Any experience/advice?
     I have a friend with a mig welder, would it be better? (We trade, I
can't weld - he can't tune SU's on an MGBGT).
     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA