What The??

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What The??
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:39:23 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Usually I don't condone using the list as a complaint forum, but I couldn't
resist this time.
Has anyone else seen the registration sheet for the VTR National Convention
in Portland, Oregon this year?  $125.00 for non-member, and $100.00 for
member!  The schedule of events look rather weak as well.  My car is not of
"concours" quality, but the only car show is concours.  Our local ABFM
typically has more events for the average enthusiast than what are scheduled
at the VTR.  Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with what appear to be a
convention for elitists.  I'm curious to know how many of you attended the
VTR's in years past, and were willing to pay $125.00 registration fee,
$34.OO, (per person), for the banquet, $15.00, (per person), for the brunch,
and $18.00 for a T-shirt?  Having not attended one before, maybe the
scheduled list of events does not adequately portray the true worth of the
convention.  What if I don't want to participate in the scheduled events,
but would like to see the vendor's, cars for sale, (If they allow that sort
of thing), view the car show, and meet other enthusiasts.  Do I still have
to pay the $125.00?! If so, please tell me it was worth it at past VTR's.

Kelly Alford
71 TR6
Shoreline, WA.