(No Subject)

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: (No Subject)
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:55:29 -0800
Bud and Andy,
Thanks! My understanding on this is basically set the drift/punch on the
workbench with its business end up. Slide the air piston over the business
end(upright just like it would sit in the carb) and tap the top of the air
piston damper tube(here I'll use a rubber hammer) until the washer and screw
slide/pop out the top. Avoid a new years celebration(assembly popping out the
top cork style) by not letting the rubber hammer bounce too much on impact.
Once I've got it out, replace the seal(a rubber o-ring from the kit) and the
screw and washer will go back in relatively easily using a pencil or some other
drift. Correct?