RE: Sick TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'dbatsford@gnnetcom.com'" <dbatsford@gnnetcom.com>
Subject: RE: Sick TR6
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:37:15 +0100
my uneducated guess is that when the float sticks petrol gets into the inlet
manifold at ahigher quantity than usual and might thus dilute the oil. to
check for a sticking valve you just need to take off the valve cover and
turn the engine by hand, you should be a ble to see every valve going down
in turn as per valve setting instruction.
Good luck.
Cheers, Gernot