Spit Oil Pan Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit Oil Pan Question
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:07:56 EDT
Listees and Listettes:

There is a short pause in oil pressure build up when I start the Spit after
it sets for a few days.  Some slight bearing noise but all is well after
about 2 seconds and oil pressure stays good throughout all temps (10W-40 -
with 20W-50 it's more like 3 to 4 seconds).

The oil pan has been crushed by POs supporting the engine incorrectly whilst
replacing/removing the transmission.  Is the oil pan pickup close enough to
the bottom of the sump that it might be partially restricted by the crunched
pan metal?  I thought about dropping the pan, cleaning the pump screen and
perhaps buying a new pan but it seems that Spit Oil Pans aren't catalog items
with the regular suppliers....Moss, Spibits, etc.

If my theory is no good, I can live with the "bearing noise" and I'll leave
the pan in place....

Thanks,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)