RE: State of the List

To: <levilevi@home.com>, "Mark J Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: State of the List
From: "Andy Dixon" <amdixon@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:33:18 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
It's interesting what different personality types read into different
things. I read that if you don't like what's coming across, feel free to
unsubscribe.
I think we have a club here and if you don't want to be a part of a
conversation, ignore it and move to one that interests you. I enjoyed
reading the bio's. I enjoy reading everything that arrives in my mailbox
from the list. When the day arrives that the list deals only with tech
issues, it will be a sad day indeed. We have so many rich personalities on
the list, Fred, Brad, Randall, and many more. Not only are they rich in
technical knowledge, they are rich in personality. I for one would hate to
lose the personality because I believe they'd get bored and we'd lose the
technical side too.
Yes, I know, more wasted bandwidth but then this is 1999 and there's so much
more bandwidth to waste than there was just a few years ago.
I for one am hot for the day when we can pass pictures around - I'd love to
see everybody's cars, heck I'd like to see everybody's picture.
The internet is expanding, the world is getting smaller, let's not be
Ludites.
I would have sent my bio too but I had a family crisis to take care of. If
any of you "A" types would like to send your bio's I'd like to read them
too. I want to know my electronic neighbors.
FWIW
Andy