My Bio

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My Bio
From: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:15:24 -0500
My name is Brian Borgstede. Age 32.
I live a sheltered life working at
a university.  It pays well enough
to support my hobbies (sleeping in
the Lay-Z-Boy, watching TV, a little
photography, etc.) My main hobby is
cars that you don't see every day.
Right now that's TR250s.
It all started (as other's did) finding
an MGA for sale for $350. I was a
day late and a dollar short, but I was
now infected.  Shortly after that I got the
'73 MGB.  Not a bad car.  Took my now wife (Robin)
on our first date in the car.  At the time my main
ride was a '78 Gremlin.  While owning the B I sold
the gremlin and got a '66 Corvair.  Great car until
I wrecked it.  After I sold the B for tuition money I
went into withdrawal.  I NEEDED an LBC.  I looked
at the Miata, too much money.  I found my first 250
at a Holoween party.  Didn't know the basket of trouble
I was buying. I learned that the Corvair club
was a SUPER help and a great group of guys.
So, I went looking for the St. Louis Triumph Club.
To this day I believe that is one of the smartest
thing I have EVER done.  Not only do they help me
with my cars, but they have been with me through
some dark times in my life, and some of the best.
They where also at my wedding. A fine group of true friends.
The corvair went away and I found a
'63 Mercedes at a garage sale.  At this time Robin and
I where thinking about getting Married.  She had a preview of
what was to come.  The Benz was fun while I could afford to
buy parts.  At this point I knew it was time to buy a REAL CAR
to drive to work and tinker on the TR in spare time. Five years,
two parts cars, another TR250 later she is still with me and
she is the newsletter editor for the St. Louis Triumph Owners
Association.

Oh, the web site to see some of this is:
http://www.umsl.edu/~itcbborg/brian.html

          NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:    borgstede@umsl.edu

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                 I  '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I       (or 2 or more)
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I