My Bio

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Bio
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:56:43 +1200charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi

My name is David Greed, I am 42 years old and have been married for 17 years
(this Saturday) to my lovely wife Kay. We have two boys, Robert who is
nearly 8 and Andrew is nearly six.

I work with computers, ensuring that have adequate capacity to meet business
needs (using a multitude of parameters), and persuading those with budget
that they need to expand their systems, when resource is getting low. Sounds
simple, but it isn't - so my car hobby, along with golf, provides a release.
Cars and family provide more than adequate release of funds!!!

We have had Triumph Saloons for 14 years now - a 2500TC for 2 years, a 2500S
for seven years before it met an untimely death and the current 2500S for 5
years - all of them Manual Overdrive. This year, with the aid of the boys, I
was able to persuade Kay that we needed a Stag and none of us has regretted
it since. It is wonderful, despite the need to fix DPO botches and other
regular maintenance including timing chain replacement.

I have admired Triumphs ever since high school, but could never persuade my
Dad to buy one - not enough space for 4 growing kids - so he bought bigger
Austin's (Westminster A110 and an 1800 (big body, gutless engine)) and then
a van den Plas Princess (with the three litre Austin engine). He also
developed my interest in old cars by owning a 1926 Chevrolet (model unknown)
and then a 1929 Chrysler 70 sedan which he still owns (and is only the
second owner).

Other cars owned are a
- 1961 Mini 850 with a seriously worked motor - capable of 105 MPH on a good
day...
- 1970 Mini Clubman
- 1977 Honda EB1 Civic (great little car until it rusted)
- 1974 Ford Escort 1300 (courtesy of my wife)
- 1981 Honda Civic
- 1985 Honda Civic Shuttle
- 1988 Toyota Corolla Liftback GLX

But with the accident I had in the first 2500S, I saw how badly Japanese
cars fold up and figured that for my family's safety, we needed a stronger
car - so we bought, and still have a Citroën BXTZD - with a Turbo Diesel
engine. This car is a gem - it is cheap to run, is incredibly forgiving, has
great performance, and best of all, it is interesting to own (just like the
Triumphs) - something the Japanese cars have not been for some time (Honda
NSX and S2000, and Subaru Legacy and Impreza excepted)

So there you have it.

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D