Spitfire spring re-arching?

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire spring re-arching?
From: Steve Eiche <seiche@cellport.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:31:44 -0600
Hi,
I'm a newbie to the Triumph list, so please forgive me if this is an old
issue which I am rehashing.  Anyway, I am the (sometimes) proud owner of
a rust-free '79 Spitfire (Carmine Red, Tan, O/D, HT) with a rather
sagging rump.  The car's that is, not mine.

I have gone through the suspension, replacing all the bushings with
urethane, rebuilt the  trunions, and have installed gas shocks all
around.  I now like the ride, but the "slammed Honda" look in the back
has got to go.

There seemed to be quite a few vendors advertising re-arched springs,
but I was somewhat concerned about the longevity of these.

Does anyone have experience with these that can suggest a good source?
How about NOS springs, are they available?

Steve Eiche
Englewood, CO
'79 Spitfire
'91 Audi 200 quattro