Heater valve rebuild

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater valve rebuild
From: Scott.Mackay@intl.sematech.org
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 09:35:33 -0500
Peter,

You mention that you have rebuilt a number of heater valves.  Did you
replace the diaphragm in the rebuild?  If so, who was the supplier?  I have
a few myself that need new diaphragms.

Scott Mackay
Austin, TX

        From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
        Subject: Re: Heater Valve Question

        Ken & Skip,
                There is no spring inside the heater valve to return it. The
spring action
        you feel is the diaphragm flexing. I've rebuilt 100's of these
things and
        the intention is for the cable to do all the work. (There is a very
small
        spring inside that serves a different purpose)
                Hope this helps.  Peter C