Re: non-standard TR6 seats

To: Harrison <hcbfc@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: non-standard TR6 seats
From: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 09:30:49 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
personally, i've had an interest in updating my seats as well, but have
chosen to refurbish the originals for now. i'm hoping that new covers,
foam, and diaphragm will supply the needed support. it was hard for me
to tell if they were acceptable or not due to their worn condition.
        one of the things i like about our cars is that someone is always
coming up with a way to improve or modify the original product without
violating the heritage of our cars. cool air induction on one, improved
suspension on another. many of our source parts catalogs are loaded with
aftermarket goodies and i bet there'd be a market for some updated
seats.
        i say go for it, make the car your own. good luck!
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (new exhaust/suspension parts on the way!)
Denver, Co.