Re: TR 2/3/4 alternate clutch

To: wallaces@superaje.com
Subject: Re: TR 2/3/4 alternate clutch
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:59:40 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jim

The  UK P.I.  TR5 and 6s  had outputs of 150 b.h.p., so you can fit a
clutch from a TR (to keep it in the family so to speak)   They are
diaphragm clutches and whilst you do need to redrill and tap the
flywheel (or fit  a TR4A flywheel which has a diaphragm cluth), they are
virtually a bolt on job. The release bearing is different and the
gearbox has a small modification on it.   I fitted  one on my TR4 and it
gives no trouble at all (that's asking for trouble I suppose !!)    If
the manual is pre TR4A/5 then that would explain why the above was not
suggested.

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (Loughborough UK)