New repro parts available

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New repro parts available
From: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:37:42 -0500

I have given up trying to find new shims for the TR 250/6 steering rack.

I have had to make up several parts that were no longer available so I
could use all new parts (or as many as possible). Some of them were fairly
expensive so I have not even offered them on the list because I assumed the
list is made up of saner people than I.

One of the parts that the list may be interested in are the spacers for the
rack plunger. The .002 spacers are available if you look REAL hard. The
.004 spacers are not available as the .010 are no longer available.

My rack did not use any .002 (probably why the .002 can still be found!)

It also used one .004 and six .010 spacers.

I have not done anything with the .004, but I am having a batch of .010
spacers being made for me. I can usually find the parts in England, and
worst case TRFs rebuilding center can usually get me used parts. The TRF
rebuilding center is even out of that size spacer.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know. I am selling them for .60
each plus shipping until they are gone.