re: TR4 CKD questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: TR4 CKD questions
From: Kenneth_Brown@dot.ca.gov
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 16:10:02 -0700
Cc: ArthurK101@aol.com
I also have a CKD TR, assembled in Belgium, shipped to France, brought back in
pieces (rust bucket body was left behind) to the states in 1985. From the BHIMT
certificate I received within the last year, the only info was the engine #,
commission #, and the color. No information was given on the Body Number aside
from a note that all records from Belgium were destroyed in a fire. FWIW I don't
have the body number plate either, but I can't remember if I just didn't take it
or if it didn't have one to start.

Maybe Joe Curry and his database or Brad Kahler (sorry if I mispelled your name)
could help on this one since spitfires (and others) were also CKD's ........

-Ken

Completely Knocked Down (CKD) TR4's were assembled in Belgium. (For tax and
other reasons). My question is whether the body tubs were shipped from ST
assembled and numbered or whether the tubs were put together in Belgium. In
either case -- What body numbers, if any, would have been used.