TR4 CKD questions

To: <ArthurK101@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 CKD questions
From: "Fredd" <sec@traveller.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 05:14:01 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
As mentioned before, I worked at the Mechelen assembly plant in the early
70's.
At the time was the assembly of the 6, so I'm not sure for the 4's that they
used the same system.
I do not recall anything about the numbers.
For the 6's, the bodies came assembled from the UK, some by train, some by
open truck and trailer.
The bodies were then parked at the back of the factory, between the wall and
the train loading area. These bodies were stacked on wooden frames in metal
racks.
Approx 10 high and 7 or 8 deep from the wall.
What was amazing at the time, that the production always used the first
available tubs, that means that the ones against the wall could spend a long
time before being used.
Knowing that they were only lightly painted in primer, you can imagine were
the rust started, parked outside in the Belgian rain.

fredd

>Completely Knocked Down (CKD) TR4's were assembled in Belgium. (For tax and
>other reasons). My question is whether the body tubs were shipped from ST
>assembled and numbered or whether the tubs were put together in Belgium.
In