Removing Transmission tail housing (TR4)

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Removing Transmission tail housing (TR4)
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 11:42:02 -0400
I have started to rebuild a spare TR4 transmission.  I have removed
the nut on the output shaft and removed the flange.  The manaul says that
there is supposed to be a circlip somewhere in there, but I don't
see one.  I have removed the speedo drive and unbolted the tail housing,
but I can't get it off.  I have moved it about 1/16". but it will not
move further.  It seems that the putput shaft is preventing further motion.

How do I get this darned thing off?

-Tony
ARhodes@compuserve.com