Re: Bonnet Release

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bonnet Release
From: greenman62@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 05:47:19 PDT

>From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
>To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "TR: Dan Masters" <DANMAS@aol.com>
>Subject: Bonnet Release
>Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:24:21 -0400
>
>Dan Masters writes:
>
> >Enough is enough -- time for drastic measures again!  I have   ordered a
> >powerful solenoid, and I will reroute the cable to the passenger side,
>with
> >NO BENDS, and connect it to the solenoid. I will add a button in the hole
>in
> >the bracket where the handle used to go, on the drivers side, so I should
> >have NO MORE TROUBLE WITH THE #@&^#%# BONNET RELEASE!
>
>Dan, Dan, Dan.
>
>Why didn't you use a windshield wiper motor.  I'll bet you have one lying
>around there somewhere.  A simple start button and one revolution and
>it automatically stops at home!  A short piece of cable and your done!
>
>OTH, you could get out the hotrod mags and look up an hydraulic hood
>raising mechanism and really wow 'em.

    Boys, boys... I have watched this thread with some amusement.
    what you seem to be looking for is a positive back-up system to get
    that bonnet open... Right?

    Have you thought about a handy dandy device that is a wonder of
    space age technology gauranteed to get what's closed  opened in
    a hurry?

    It has worked in numerous applications for NASA and with all the
   cut-backs in the space program, you may be able to get them
   cheap as surplus.

   I'm talkin' EXPLOSIVE BOLTS here, baby. Just think about it.
   Your Bonnet cable snaps, just flip up the convenient cover
   enabling switch and press the button beneath... Blooey!  Bonnet
   open! There's no messing with cutting big holes in the body tub. A
   simple electric ciucuit does the trick!  :*)..................

Greg "just tryn' ta be helpful" Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)